Cantiere Green: for zero emissions building
THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR 40% OF OUR EMISSIONS. SAVE THE PLANET HAS INTRODUCED THE "GREEN BUILDING SITE" PROTOCOL TO CHANGE THIS REALITY.
- to reduce greenhouse gases by at least 20% compared to 1990 levels;
- increase the use of renewable energies (wind, solar, biomass) reaching a 20% share of renewable energy in the total energy consumption (currently renewables provide about 8.5% of total energy);
- reduce energy consumption by 20% compared to 2020 levels thanks to improved energy efficiency.
In the study of the sustainability of buildings the energy assessment of the site, i.e. linked to the construction phase, is not evaluated as a whole and we stop to list good practices for a correct environmental management of the site, but it is possible to reverse it!
Save the Planet makes the "CANTIERE GREEN" protocol available: by following the protocol, it is possible to reduce the CO2 produced by the site by at least 43% right from the start, being able to display on the site sign the mark that declares that this is a low-climate gas emission worksite, and therefore a CANTIERE GREEN.
The protocol aims to support the construction industry in reducing its environmental impact, for a society with low CO2 emissions.
To give an example, a medium-sized construction worksite produces on average more than 300 kgCO2 PER DAY, which is the equivalent of a round-trip flight of more than 2000 km, or 3 cars travelling 1000 km...and this for each day of the worksite.
In fact, this industry and its induced industries are the cause of the release of 40% of the total amount of climate-altering gases in Italy, which contribute daily to the rise of the planet's temperatures in terms of emissions (IPCC report, 2018).
So far little has been done to balance and reduce the atmospheric impact of buildingsi
What do I have to do to join Cantiere Green?The CANTIERE GREEN protocol is reserved for manufacturers in the construction sector who will activate a 100% green electricity supply on site.
What do I get?
- when the requirements are met, the authorization to use the CANTIERE GREEN trademark to be displayed on the construction site sign.
- presence on the site
- the assessment of the CO2 savings of the site resulting from the use of green energy
Who to turn to?
If you would like more information about the CANTIERE GREEN protocol and how to join it, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org